Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Loving on people - Happy Valentine's Day

"Stay in better touch with people who matter to you. – In human relationships distance is not measured in miles, but in affection. Two people can be right next to each other, yet miles apart. So don’t ignore someone you care about, because lack of concern hurts more than angry words. Stay in touch with those who matter to you. Not because it’s convenient, but because they’re worth the extra effort. Remember, you don’t need a certain number of friends, just a number of friends you can be certain of. Paying attention to these people is a priority."

I found this from one of the blogs I follow and it really got me thinking. She said exactly what I feel and I have been guilty of this. I think we, as human beings, naturally want to feel loved and accepted especially by those we care about. I've had to ask myself why am I persistent when at times it does does feel reciprocal. I guess it's because there was always something I appreciated and loved in the relationship and my persistence is just my way of showing how much I want that person on my life. So as I was reflecting on Valentines Day yesterday I was reminded of all those I love and why loving them, despite how discouraging it may be at times, is what I am supposed do. We are called to LOVE on people. This was a good reminder for me. The more love you give....more love you receive. Let's be encouraged to get out of our comfort zone and set aside our insecurities and excuses and just love on people. Everyday is a new day to get it right!!

No comments:

Post a Comment