Thursday, February 23, 2012

I want to do more than exist....pay good things forward!!!


Wow!! I did not write this,  but I really wish that I did!!! The way this quote is explained is exactly how I feel most days but I couldn't figure out how to say it out loud.  Making a difference in someone's life has to be one of the best things you could do for someone.  I feel this way most probably because I have friends like this that have made a difference in my life. I've seen it.  Knowing that I can cheer someone up or make them a believer is my passion in life and it gives me a sense of purpose.  I've been in the deep pit after losing my daughter and I know all about that desire to want to feel loved and inspired again.  Grief is a strange thing....takes a long time to embrace and a long time to understand.  It comes from out of nowhere.  You think you are good and your pain from a loss settles, but the triggers of the hopes for your loved one flash before your eyes and the experiences you could have witnessed send you thinking for days. One day you are doing well, and then gradually you find yourself  sad again. When things happen in your life that bump you off your desired path, it is good to have people that love and appreciate you by your side. They will lengthen their arm with an outstretched hand when you fall and pull you out of the pit and encourage you to keep going......they know because they have been there.  My dear friend who knows my familar pain and is an amazing friend to me doesn't even realize how much of a difference she makes in my life everyday.  I've told her several times but I don't think she truly believes  it. She is very humbled.  Amazes me!!! I want to be that person you know that you can depend on and look up to, and I want to know that I can make a difference in your life.  SERIOUSLY!!!!

It's a rare find to meet loving and non-judgemental friends these days.....it exhausts me trying. I think most people are hurting and lost and not sure what to do anymore.  They have no direction.    I am so very grateful for those dear friends that have been so loving and open-hearted to me with no judgement when I had no direction. I can remember a specific time when I became ugly with hurt and cryed out in grief and pain.....most people did not know what to say or how to fix it.  I gradually became difficult and grew distant and was struggling with every emotion known to man. My dear friends sat with me out of their comfort zones and showed their face.  They were the face of Jesus to me......a kind of love I never knew.  Sounds REALLY cheesy....but it's true!! There were many friends and family that loved me through a very hard time in my life and they continue to love me today . We all hope that these kind of people would surround us in our own life.....it would sure make life easier to get through.  Pay it forward when you receive it!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment